Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we know that there is an increased need for bereavement support.
We are therefore offering a free 3 hour online ‘Supporting Bereaved Adults’ Training workshop to anyone working or volunteering for an organization in the Forest of Dean.
We are particularly keen to encourage people working or volunteering with the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community in the Forest of Dean to attend this training as we know that those from the BAME community are disproportionately affected by COVID-19.
The learning outcomes for the workshop are:
- Participants will have increased their knowledge of loss, grief and bereavement including complex grief and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Participants will have an increased understanding of the levels of bereavement support required by people who have been bereaved and the support available to them both locally and nationally.
- Participants will have increased their confidence in supporting people who have been bereaved.
We have three workshops available:
- Saturday 30th January 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm - FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 27th February 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm - FULLY BOOKED
- Saturday 27th March 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm - FULLY BOOKED
If you would like a book a place on one of these workshops please call Gail Cooper, Education Facilitator at Great Oaks Dean Forest Hospice on 01593 811910 or email her on [email protected]